Purpose can seem so illusive and difficult to grasp. Yet having a sense of purpose allows us to live life more fully and increases our quality of life. When we feel we have purpose we can be more intentional to live out our purpose with our thoughts, words, and actions. Today’s journal prompt is all about reflecting on what purpose means to you!
To reflect on our purpose we will first answer questions about what is important to us and then reflect on what these answers mean for our purpose.
Reflections on our passions:
- What do you enjoy doing most throughout the week?
- What skills or talents do you use in your work or hobbies?
- What do you do that contributes towards your community?
- What are you passionate about?
- What is something that people often come to you and ask you for help with?
Is there a pattern or theme in the answers you wrote about your passions? How do these patterns relate to your purpose?
Now take a moment to write about what purpose means to you.
Based on all that you have written and reflected on so far write out what you believe your purpose to be. How is this purpose reflected in you passions?
I hope you enjoyed this time or reflection! I hope this year is filled with passion and purpose for us!