When we think about being healthy we often have a hyper focus on physical health. Physical health is important but there are so many sides to who we are as people. Today is all about reflecting on what it means to be holistically healthy.
I made this graphic to show all the different sides of health! It is empowering to see all the ways we can be taking care of ourselves!
What do these areas of health mean to you?
- Mental Health: focused on the health of our thought process, story, the way we see others and ourselves, and personality traits.
- Emotional Health: processing feelings and focused on the emotions we experience. This can also include our ability to emotionally connect with others and to the work we do.
- Spiritual Health: our connection to something greater then ourselves. Can be connected to our sense of purpose.
- Sexual Health: our expression and fulfillment of our sexual needs.
- Physical Health: involves taking care of our physical body. This can involve nutrition, exercise, and sleep.
- Social Health: the health of connections we have with other people in our lives. This can also include healthy boundaries.
- Intellectual Health: this type of health is how we challenge our mind and memory. It can involve learning new things or practicing mental stimulation games.
Which of these areas of health are most important to you?
What are you health goals?