There are many ways to integrate essential oils into your wellness routines! One of the most common ways is through using aromatic diffusers. There are two types of aromatic diffusers:
- Active diffusers are either electric or battery operated appliances that uses water to carry the essential oils into the air.
- Passive diffusers are solitary materials that carry essential oils. Common passive diffusers are lava beads and felt. I often use felt balls for passive diffusers.
Benefits of Using Diffusers
Essential oils are strong and come from plants with medicinal and therapeutic properties. Using an aromatic diffuser can be helpful in many ways! Here are several ways diffusers can be beneficial:
- Fills the air with essential oils quickly.
- Allows you to inhale the essential oils and potentially experience the benefits of the essential oils being diffused. Be careful to only diffuse essential oils that are safe for all in your household.
- Can help relieve stress and promote relaxation (Cronkleton, 2019).
- Can help increases clarity, focus, and attention (Homesick, 2020).
- Can cleanse the air with the some of the essential oils antibacterial and antifungal properties (Lane, 2022)
Cronkleton, E. (2019) “How to Use Essential Oilshttps://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-use-essential-oils
Homesick (2020) “16 Essential Oil Diffuser Benefits” https://homesick.com/blogs/news/16-essential-oil-diffuser-benefits
Lane, J. (2022) “12 Essential Oils Diffuser Benefits for Health and Wellness” https://www.lovingessentialoils.com/blogs/essential-oil-tips/108254726-12-essential-oils-diffuser-benefits