- Embroidery Hoop
- Fabric, I used a plain ivory cotton fabric
- Mod Podge
- Thanksgiving Scrapbook Paper, I got mine from Hobby Lobby
- Burlap Placemat, I got mine from burlap that had the word “thankful” on it
- Hot Glue Gun & Sticks
- Fall Artificial Flowers
- Plastic Wrap
- Paint Brush
I love this Thanksgiving paper!! It is so beautiful!! I have never tried this type of decoupaging before and love how it turned out!
The first thing I did was use a pencil to trace the embroidery hoop circle on the paper. Trace it around the outer embroidery hoop.
Then you can put the fabric in the embroidery hoop.
Then I used a brush to spread mod podge on the embroidery hoop and fabric. Then you can place the circle you cut out on the the fabric and embroidery hoop.
I also brushed mod podge on top of the sign. I used mod podge to smooth down the edges on the sides of the embroidery hoop.
I used a plastic bag to smooth out the paper before the mod podge dried. It worked great! But it would work better with plastic wrap.
I used hot glue to glue the excess fabric down to the inside of the embroidery hoop.
I wanted to add this burlap placemat word to the sign. I cut out the word to fit the sign and rounded the edges. I then used hot glue to attach the word to the paper.
I wanted to add Fall flowers underneath the burlap fabric. I used hot glue to secure them under the burlap!
I hope you give this a try!! It was so much fun to make!
Check Out More Posts Below!
- Journal Prompt: Goal AffirmationsWe start the year thinking and planning goals we want to accomplish, but as the year goes on sometimes our motivation and inspiration fades. It can be so hard to keep working on our goals. Today’s journal prompt is all about writing out affirmations that can help keep our inspiration going! Affirmations are helpful because … Continue reading “Journal Prompt: Goal Affirmations”
- Creative Life: Where To StartStarting to Create Again Have you ever gone through seasons where you felt uninspired and unmotivated to create? I’ve been going through that lately! It’s been driving me crazy!! I love to create and craft! I truly believe getting creative is so important for our self-care! But sometimes finding the energy to do it can … Continue reading “Creative Life: Where To Start”
- Journal Prompt: Dream VacationIt can be uplifting and a source of hope to have a dream vacation in mind. Whether is dreaming of the beach, the mountains, new places, or new experiences keeping these things in mind can add excitement to our lives. Todays prompt is all about reflecting on what a dream vacation looks like for you! … Continue reading “Journal Prompt: Dream Vacation”
- Factors that Contribute to Aging WellAging is a topic that I am very familiar with because most of my social work career has been spent working with seniors. Because of that this article caught my attention and am excited to share with you what I learned from it. The article is named ‘New study finds 6 ways to slow memory … Continue reading “Factors that Contribute to Aging Well”
- Journal Prompt: Life LatelyThis is my favorite type of journal prompt! It is simply a check in to see how life is going, what we are learning, what’s happening, and how we are feeling. This prompt is a series of questions and statements to get you thinking about your life in this current season. Journal Prompt Take a … Continue reading “Journal Prompt: Life Lately”