- Metal Sign, I got mine from the Dollar Tree
- White Paint
- Printable Winter Sign
- Paper Tear Edge
- Mod Podge
- 3 Jump Rings
- 2 Pliers
- Family Snowman Set, I got mine from HomeGoods
I’ve had this metal sign from Dollar Tree for a while now and was excited to finally use it! This family of snowman is a set I got from HomeGoods and it was only a few dollars!! Love how they all have different hats!
First I started by painting the sign white. I used regular white acrylic paint and a foam brush.
I made some winter themed printables and used this winter one for this sign. I used a torn paper edge to give the paper a rough finish. All you do is hold the edge on top of your paper and tear the the paper up against the edge.
Once the paper was the right size I decoupaged the paper to the sign. To decoupage you first brush mod podge on the sign, place the paper on top, and then brush mod podge on top of the paper.
While that was drying I used a drill to make a small hole at the top of the cookie cutters. I made the hole closer to the back of the cookie cutter so that I could use a jump ring to attach it to the sign.
Then make a holes with an awl at the bottom of the sign to attach the cookie cutters.
To open the jump rings us two pliers. One to hold the ring still and the other to turn open the ring. Then slid the ring the the hole in the sign and the hole in the cookie cutter. Then you can use the pliers to close the ring.
Then you have this super cute winter sign! You can add other embellishments too. I kept it simple!
Check Out More Posts Below!
- Journal Prompt: Goal AffirmationsWe start the year thinking and planning goals we want to accomplish, but as the year goes on sometimes our motivation and inspiration fades. It can be so hard to keep working on our goals. Today’s journal prompt is all about writing out affirmations that can help keep our inspiration going! Affirmations are helpful because … Continue reading “Journal Prompt: Goal Affirmations”
- Creative Life: Where To StartStarting to Create Again Have you ever gone through seasons where you felt uninspired and unmotivated to create? I’ve been going through that lately! It’s been driving me crazy!! I love to create and craft! I truly believe getting creative is so important for our self-care! But sometimes finding the energy to do it can … Continue reading “Creative Life: Where To Start”
- Journal Prompt: Dream VacationIt can be uplifting and a source of hope to have a dream vacation in mind. Whether is dreaming of the beach, the mountains, new places, or new experiences keeping these things in mind can add excitement to our lives. Todays prompt is all about reflecting on what a dream vacation looks like for you! … Continue reading “Journal Prompt: Dream Vacation”
- Factors that Contribute to Aging WellAging is a topic that I am very familiar with because most of my social work career has been spent working with seniors. Because of that this article caught my attention and am excited to share with you what I learned from it. The article is named ‘New study finds 6 ways to slow memory … Continue reading “Factors that Contribute to Aging Well”
- Journal Prompt: Life LatelyThis is my favorite type of journal prompt! It is simply a check in to see how life is going, what we are learning, what’s happening, and how we are feeling. This prompt is a series of questions and statements to get you thinking about your life in this current season. Journal Prompt Take a … Continue reading “Journal Prompt: Life Lately”