I saw this metal snowman at Dollar Tree recently and was so excited to do a makeover with it!! You can check out how I did it below!
- Metal Snowman, from Dollar Tree
- White Paint
- Foam Brush
- Wood Buttons
- Fabric for Scarf, I used Christmas fabric from Walmart
- Hot Glue Gun & Hot Glue
- Brown and Orange Paint for Face
My favorite thing about this type of craft is that you can personalize it to your own personal taste. You can use whatever embellishments and decorations that you would like!
First I painted the snowman white. I just used regular acrylic paint. I didn’t brush it on, instead I used the brush to dab the paint on.
Once the snowman is covered with the paint and dried you can then add your scarf! I used a piece of Christmas fabric that I got from Walmart and folded it. I used hot glue to attach the fabric and fold it around the neck to look like a scarf.
Then I add a large wooden button to embellish the scarf. You can use three small buttons to decorate the bottom of the snowman.
Then I used acrylic paint to make the nose and eyes. To make the eyes I just used the flat end of a paint brush. This is great for making circles! Then I used a small brush to make the nose. Once your snowman is done you can add the twine hanger!
I love this size decoration for hanging on door knobs or wall decor!!
Check Out More Posts Below!
- Journal Prompt: Goal AffirmationsWe start the year thinking and planning goals we want to accomplish, but as the year goes on sometimes our motivation and inspiration fades. It can be so hard to keep working on our goals. Today’s journal prompt is all about writing out affirmations that can help keep our inspiration going! Affirmations are helpful because … Continue reading “Journal Prompt: Goal Affirmations”
- Creative Life: Where To StartStarting to Create Again Have you ever gone through seasons where you felt uninspired and unmotivated to create? I’ve been going through that lately! It’s been driving me crazy!! I love to create and craft! I truly believe getting creative is so important for our self-care! But sometimes finding the energy to do it can … Continue reading “Creative Life: Where To Start”
- Journal Prompt: Dream VacationIt can be uplifting and a source of hope to have a dream vacation in mind. Whether is dreaming of the beach, the mountains, new places, or new experiences keeping these things in mind can add excitement to our lives. Todays prompt is all about reflecting on what a dream vacation looks like for you! … Continue reading “Journal Prompt: Dream Vacation”
- Factors that Contribute to Aging WellAging is a topic that I am very familiar with because most of my social work career has been spent working with seniors. Because of that this article caught my attention and am excited to share with you what I learned from it. The article is named ‘New study finds 6 ways to slow memory … Continue reading “Factors that Contribute to Aging Well”
- Journal Prompt: Life LatelyThis is my favorite type of journal prompt! It is simply a check in to see how life is going, what we are learning, what’s happening, and how we are feeling. This prompt is a series of questions and statements to get you thinking about your life in this current season. Journal Prompt Take a … Continue reading “Journal Prompt: Life Lately”