This is one of my favorite essential oils! Marjoram is a herb that you can use in cooking, when distilled is an essential oil you can use in a variety of ways!
Origin: Egypt, often grown in Mediterranean, North Africa, and Western Asia (Preiato, 2019)
Herb Family: Mint family
Benefits of Marjoram
These benefits have not been reviewed by the FDA but were reported by people who used them. I don’t recommend ingesting essential oils because of their strength. You can inhale or put essential oils on topically.
- Marjoram has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties (Preiato, 2019)
- Is an antioxidant, which helps repair damaged cells (Preiato, 2019)
- May help with digestive issues (Preiato, 2019)
- Helps relieve headaches (WebMD)
- Helps alleviate common cold symptoms
- Helps relieve nerve and muscle pain (WebMD)
Preiato, D. (2019). “What Is Marjoram? Benefits, Side Effects, and Uses” https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/marjoram