I love using and making melt and pour soap!! It is cheaper then buying bar soap and you can add in your favorite oils! I buy my soap from Hobby Lobby when they go on sale. I typically use Lavender and Lemon essential oils. I tend to get eczema and the Lavender helps ease any irritation on my skin. I also like to use lemon or sweet orange because of their natural cleansing properties!
- Melt & Pour Soap, I like using Shea Butter
- Microwaveable glass bowl
- Essential Oil of Your Choice
- Soap Mold, I use food-grade silicone molds
I normally will make 1 pound of melt and pour soap at a time, which will typically make enough for a whole six to eight cavities in a silicone mold.
- Cut the block of melt and pour soap into smaller pieces to fit into the microwaveable glass bowl.
- Microwave the soap in 30 second intervals.
- In between the intervals take the glass bowl out and stir the soap.
- Once the soap is completely melted add in your essential oils. I normally add 50 drops of essential oils for 1 pound of soap. Depending on your skin sensitivity you could consider added less or more than 50 drops.
- Stir the essential oils and soap together.
- Pour soap into the silicone mold.
- Once the soap has hardened and cooled you can carefully pop the soap out of each cavity.